2017 district nominating meetings scheduled
Valley REC’s service area is divided into nine districts. One member from each district is chosen to serve on the co-op's board of directors for a three-year term. This year, directors for districts 1, 3, and 5 are up for election.
District 1 Nominating Meeting
Mon., Feb. 6 at 6 p.m.
Morrisons Cove Memorial Park, 201 S. Walnut Street, Martinsburg
The current director for District 1 is Randall Huntsman.
District 1 includes members from the following townships.
- Blair County: Blair, Huston, North Woodbury, Taylor, Woodbury
- Bedford County: Bloomfield and Woodbury
District 3 Nominating Meeting
Tues., Feb. 7 at 6 p.m.
Marklesburg Fire Hall, 15205 Raystown Road, James Creek
The current director for District 3 is Kevin States.
District 3 includes members from the following townships and boroughs.
- Huntingdon County: Carbon, Hopewell, Marklesburg, Lincoln, Penn, Todd, Walker
- Bedford County: Liberty
District 5 Nominating Meeting
Thurs., Feb. 9 at 6 p.m.
Shavers Creek Community Building, 8707 Firemans Park Lane, Petersburg
The current director for District 5 is Robert Holmes.
District 5 includes members from the following townships.
- Huntingdon County: Barree, Franklin, Jackson, Logan, Miller, Morris, Oneida, Porter, Spruce Creek, Warriors Mark, West
- Centre County: Ferguson, Harris
Valley REC mailed notification letters to members in these districts at the end of December 2016. Reservations may be made by completing and mailing the postage-paid return card that was provided with the letter. The deadline for receipt of reservations is January 20, 2017.
DON’T FORGET THE ANNUAL MEETING ON FRIDAY, APRIL 7, 2017.